Zidisha was founded in October 2009 by Julia Kurnia. This institution was named after the Swahili word zidisha which means “grow” or “expand”. This institution is not financed by any financial institution. It is a peer-to-peer micro-lending service that links borrowers and lenders across international borders without a local microfinance institution intermediary.
In this article, we will look at zidisha loans and how to apply. The Zidisha website facilitates microlending transactions between individual web users worldwide and computer-literate, low-income entrepreneurs in developing countries. Users can fund loans, which borrowers use to develop businesses that improve their families’ incomes. Borrowers can share business updates and communicate with lenders as they repay loans.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ZIDISHA LOAN
Download the zidisha loan app from App Store or Play store. You must have Internet access or a smartphone with Zidisha installed, and be able to complete entrepreneur applications and profile forms, as well as respond to lender comments via the app or website.
A business owner who submits a loan application states the amount he or she wants to borrow. The repayment amount method he or she prefers, as well as the day or week during which he or she wishes to make repayment installments. If the loan amount is between ₵1 and the full amount requested, lenders can fund any portion of it.
When you receive the loan offer, an entrepreneur must confirm its acceptance. They disburse the loan in local currency to the entrepreneur after they have accomplished it.
REQUIREMENT FOR ZIDISHA LOANS
- A good reputation and the support of family, neighbors, and community leaders are essential.
- The bank does not currently have any overdue loans.
- Your business or employment should generate enough income for you to repay the loan in regular installments.
- You must have Internet access or a smartphone with Zidisha installed, and be able to complete entrepreneur applications and profile forms, as well as respond to lender comments via the app or our website.
- Update Zidisha frequently with information about the progress of the business and the loan.
- Currently, live in Ghana.
- 18 years of age or older.
How to repay the Zidisha loan?
Using the mobile app, go to your loan screen to view the repayment instructions. Also, you can visit the repayment Instructions page (to view the repayment instructions on the Zidisha website). Upon disbursement of your loan, they will email you repayment instructions. They make weekly payments on loans. It is up to you how much you wish to pay back each week, and on which day of the week you want it due.