According to the SSNIT Ghana, you don’t need a third party to assist you to claim your benefits when it’s due. All you have to do is to visit the nearest SSNIT office to get your benefits claimed.
But what do you need to do before visiting a SSNIT office to claim benefits? I will give you all the steps involved and any other relevant information.
Things to note
- Which type of benefit do you want to claim?
- Are you claiming in person or someone on your behalf?
There are basically four types of benefits under the SSNIT scheme. They are superannuation pension, invalidity pension, survivor’s lump sum and emigration benefit.
Details about the various types of SSNIT benefits is beyond the scope of this article. For more information about that, visit SSNIT OFFICIAL WEBSITE
How to claim Old Age Pension Benefits
You must be at least 60 years old and have contributed a minimum of 180 months to qualify for this benefit.
- Submit your letter of retirement and Ghana Card to the nearest SSNIT office
- A pension application form will be provided for you to fill
- Provide your bank account details
- Your monthly pension funds will be transferred to your bank
How to claim Survivor’s Lump Sum Benefits
This benefit is paid to the dependents of a pensioner who dies before 75 or retirement.
- Posters of the deceased
- Burial permit
- Birth certificate of deceased
- Submit the required documents to the nearest SSNIT office
- On receiving the application, SSNIT will call the nominated dependent to apply for benefits
- The dependent must complete the form and submit to the SSNIT office
- Attach the documents requested and the bank account details which you want the money to be transferred to
- A photo identity card
- The application will be processed
- The designated sum of money will be transferred to the nominated dependent’s bank account.
How to claim SSNIT Emigration Benefit
- You must a foreign contributor
- You must be leaving Ghana permanently
- Emigration evidence in the form of a letter from employers
- A photocopy of your traveling passport
- A photocopy of the resident and work permit.
- A confirmation from your birth country
- Official bank statement
- Visit any nearest SSNIT office with the documents listed above.
- You’ll be provided with an application form
- Complete the application form and submit it to the office
- Your lump sum will be available for collection at your bank.
The process above was extracted from the SSNIT official website. If you need more information, contact the nearest SSNIT office. Thanks for passing by. Your comments are welcomed.