ABSA formerly Barclays Bank is one of the renowned international banks operating in Ghana. In this post, I will bring to you ABSA Ghana’s exchange rate.
If you make your living online, you probably are paid in foreign currency such as United States Dollars or Great Britain Pounds.
Once you get paid and your money lands in your domiciliary account, you need to walk to the nearest forex bureau to exchange your foreign currency to Ghana Cedis.
However, if you don’t have a domiciliary account, your bank is going to use their current exchange rate to convert your money into Ghana Cedis equivalent.
Things to note
- The exchange rate is not fixed. That is, it always changes due to some economic factors
- ABSA Ghana Exchange rate is always displayed on the bank’s official site
- Any information I publish here about the ABSA Bank Ghana exchange rate was extracted from their website.
What is ABSA Current Exchange Rate?
|Date||Foreign Currency||Currency Pair||Buying||Selling||Mid-Rate|
|27 Feb 2023||US Dollar||USDGHS||11.0075||11.0185||11.0130|
|27 Feb 2023||Pound Sterling||GBPGHS||13.2398||13.2542||13.2470|
|27 Feb 2023||Swiss Franc||CHFGHS||11.7572||11.7679||11.7626|
|27 Feb 2023||Australian Dollar||AUDGHS||7.4050||7.4157||7.4104|
|27 Feb 2023||Canadian Dollar||CADGHS||8.1141||8.1219||8.1180|
|27 Feb 2023||Danish Krone||DKKGHS||1.5687||1.5701||1.5694|
|27 Feb 2023||Japanese yen||JPYGHS||0.0809||0.0810||0.0810|
|27 Feb 2023||New Zealand Dollar||NZDGHS||6.7881||6.7967||6.7924|
|27 Feb 2023||Norwegian Krone||NOKGHS||1.0644||1.0650||1.0647|
|27 Feb 2023||Swedish Krona||SEKGHS||1.0572||1.0579||1.0576|
|27 Feb 2023||South African Rand||ZARGHS||0.5973||0.5978||0.5976|
|27 Feb 2023||Euro||EURGHS||11.6753||11.6859||11.6806|
|27 Feb 2023||Yuan Renminbi||CNYGHS||1.5856||1.5862||1.5859|
|27 Feb 2023||BCEAO||GHSXOF||56.1323||56.1833||56.1578|
|27 Feb 2023||Dalasi||GHSGMD||5.5878||5.9021||5.7450|
|27 Feb 2023||Ouguiya||GHSMRO||32.4162||32.5070||32.4616|
|27 Feb 2023||Naira||GHSNGN||41.8451||41.9241||41.8846|
|27 Feb 2023||Leone||GHSSLL||1811.6691||1832.5697||1822.1194|
|27 Feb 2023||Ecowas||WAUGHS||0.0141||0.0141||0.0141|
The Exchange rate above consists of about 20 foreign currencies that can be received into your ABSA Ghana bank account.
It is always better to get a foreign exchange account to help you with international money transactions.
The exchange rates stated above shall be updated from time to time to make sure it reflects the current exchange rate at ABSA Ghana Limited.
The current dollar exchange rate for dollar varies across several banks and forex bureaus. Always confirm from your bank before initiating a transaction. Thank you.
How to get a foreign exchange account at ABSA
You can apply online by visiting the link below. Make sure you have the following documents with you before starting an application.
- Ghana Card (front and back)
- Passport photograph (if using hard copy)
- Proof of employment (for only salaried applicants) evidenced by
- Payslip (not more than 3 months old) OR
- Employment contract letter OR
- Employer introductory letter OR
- Social security extract
- Proof of residence (any of the below):
- Ghana Post digital address (if same as Ghana Card digital address) OR
- Utility bill in applicant’s name (not more than 3 months old) OR
- Tenancy agreement with utility bill OR
- Local government rate document OR
- Bank statement containing current address (not more than 3 months old) OR
- Introductory letter from an existing Absa customer who has known the applicant for more than 1 year